The other day Jenn wanted to go for a drive & wanted me to buy her a Pepsi. I really, really didn't want to go anywhere. I was perfectly content sitting in my recliner watching TV & actually wanted to stay there. It had been a long day and I was pretty drained. However, Jenn can be VERY convincing & after much pleading she got me to go get her. Oh yeah... that's the other thing... I don't hate driving, but I really don't love it either & would rather not if I didn't have to, so Jenn got really lucky that day.
I came up with a plan that if she was going to make me go drive her somewhere, we were going to drive where I wanted to go & do something ridiculous.
So of course we went to none other than the coolest convenience store which is located in Lake Point. This place has the weirdest and most random junk that I have ever seen at a gas station. The first time that Jenn and I went there I about peed my pants laughing!!
First of all we have a sign that has half of the lights burned out... classy!
Here is a plethora of interesting animal statue things... I almost bought one but then I went again my better judgment and decided not to.
Ok so this is one of the BEST things there!! They have these sweet canes! They had a lot of different animal shapes. Jenn decided to go with the Owl.
They also have a limited selection of high quality church shoes...
Next is the statue of a dragon with a crystal ball or something... also very tempting.
Ummmm.... what?!?
Really, Flying J? You're selling cassette tapes for 3 for $5? Who even has a cassette player anymore, let alone who would pay that much for them when D.I. probably sells them for 10 cents!
Oh yes... and here is the mini stein with the Salt Lake Temple on it... because Mormons drink beer.
Here is a lovely animal head! This is deceiving. It looks nice and fluffy, but it's not! It's kind of fluffy on the front, but the back is hard & made or styrofoam or something. Definitely not an animal you would want to cuddle with at night.
And yes, I did make Jenn model it!! This is what you get for making me take you!
It's too bad, but I missed taking a pic of the Indian Dream Catchers that they sell...yes. They really do sell Indian Dream Catchers... Lovely!
So next time you are heading out west you need to make the Flying J in LakePoint a must-see destination on your list of things to do!













1 comments:
Stef, It's Alicia Hansen (Eddy). How are you??? Rachal gave me your blog address and you are so freakin cute!!! I love you hair! It looks like you are havin tons of fun!
My blogs private but if you would like an invite just email me at hansenalicia2000@yahoo.com.
Thanks for showing some peaks of your cute, fun life!
Post a Comment