CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 16, 2010

Landon

A few weeks ago Landon and I decided that we would take a little trip down to my Grandpa's house. For me it meant a weekend of peace and relaxation, and also a chance to make more memories with my Grandpa and to also attend the Temple with him.We went last weekend and had a really great time!

On the down we stopped and ate and One Man Band Diner. For some reason Landon couldn't grasp why it's called that, and I don't know why it is, but I'm really not concerned with it.
I had a ham and cheese omelet.... so good!

After that we went to my Grandpa's house and spent time with him watching some TV and then went to bed early.

 

The next morning I got up early and went to the Temple. My Grandpa was part of the session that I attended, and afterward he met me in the Celestial Room for some discussion. He also showed me all of the sealing rooms, and the spiral staircase. It's quite breathtaking. He also "lovingly" introduced me to some of his friends as his "old maid granddaughter." Thanks Grandpa.



 This is my Grandpa's house. I LOVE this house. It holds so much love and so many memories for me and my family. Especially memories of my Grandma who passed away three years ago, almost to the day. This place is so welcoming and comforting. There's just no where else like it.





My Grandpa had quite the collection on icicles on his house, and Landon couldn't help but use one as some sort of dagger! He looks like some kind of warrior.

When I got back from the Temple I made breakfast for Landon and me and then we eventually got up and went down to Manti and Ephraim and checked out some of the shops there. They are ones that have been there my whole life, but not once have I been to any of them. There really are some "treasures" there as you'll see.



 Scarfs of many colors.



Hillbilly fly swatters that Landon insisted that we buy.


 
Adult bibs.......


... which Landon was happy to model. Although I think the title of his book should be "special" child.



Children's Books.



And books about me! If you don't believe me, you should. Because I have wings, and I will show them to you.



We grabbed a snack at my favorite Pizza place... The Pizza Gallery. It was delish!


After that I had to show Landon the Zebra that is by my Grandpa's house... totally random. A zebra... in the middle of no where, central UT.




However... when I was flipping around on the main road I got a little stuck.



I refused to give in and call my Grandpa, so I just kept trying and trying to get unstuck. With my persistence and a little help from Landon, I got out! I wasn't stuck badly, but my tires just went over the part of the road where the road meets the dirt... 2 inches is what was keeping me from the road.




Later that night my Grandpa took us to this amazing restaurant in Mount Pleasant where I got a steak.

 

Yup... you heard that right. For the first time in my life, I ordered a steak. I'm sure that those of you who know me well are trying not to faint, but don't worry. Miracles do happen.... oh yeah... and I got another one at Outback on Monday. MmmMmm!

4 comments:

Holly said...

That steak looks SO good! And what a special time with your grandpa! It looks like a way fun trip. One I wouldn't mind taking with you sometime ;)

Alicia said...

Wow-that post brings back a lot of college memories!!! Where does your Grandpa live? We loved ALL of the places that you visited! It is such a fun place, we have thought of moving back there with our family! Glad you had a good time!

Stefanie said...

My Grandpa lives in Wales - It runs parallel to Moroni, right near the mouth of Maple Canyon. :) I do love Ephraim too... so many good times. That's one regret I have... not going to Snow College. Oh well though... too late now!

Becca Jo said...

Looks like you had fun!!! You look awesome by the way :)

Post a Comment