I just finished reading my first Glenn Beck Book - conveniently titled "An Inconvenient Book," of course making fun of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth." I really did enjoy several of the things that Glenn had to share in the book. He mainly debunk's stories that the media and that "polls" talk about, and he gets down to the real truth of things.
One of my favorite quotes from the entire book comes from the chapter entitled "Aging: God's System of Depreciation" He is talking about balding and toupees - "I guess toupees are kind of a solution, but honestly, they just make things worse. Going the toupee route is like deciding to hide a pimple by painting your face red. Sure, no one will notice the pimply anymore, but that's because you've diverted their attention to something far worse!"
Guess what?! I even found a HILARIOUS website dedicated to toupees:
http://www.toupeeornottoupee.com/- check it out!
Beck talks about things such as the supposed global warming not being as bad as Al Gore and others want to make it out to be; the media only reports on reports that have the worst possible outcomes, but avoids the good ones; people are too obsessed with themselves i.e. too much plastic surgery; and that the U.N. is basically a big scam and we Americans are totally getting screwed on that deal!
The thing I appreciate most about Glenn Beck is that he's not willing to take anything at face value. He does all of his research and gets down to the real trruth. He doesn't take any crap from the media or the politicians. I think it's great that he stands up to them and calls them out on things they are doing that may not be the greatest thing for our country. I am glad that he uses his influence for good. He's just what this country needs.
The thing I appreciate most about Glenn Beck is that he's not willing to take anything at face value. He does all of his research and gets down to the real trruth. He doesn't take any crap from the media or the politicians. I think it's great that he stands up to them and calls them out on things they are doing that may not be the greatest thing for our country. I am glad that he uses his influence for good. He's just what this country needs.
So in short - the book is pretty awesome - I highly recommend it.
Now on to my next one:
P.S. Glenn's Conversion story is awesome! You can see it on DVD - or check out his site! http://www.glennbeckmormon.com/





0 comments:
Post a Comment