CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 9, 2009

Biggest Loser Competition


In January Jenn decided to get a Biggest Loser competition going between friends & anyone else that wanted to join. The competition was to last 16 weeks, and whoever lost the biggest percent of body weight won! The buy in was 10 bucks a person. We began with 20 people, and by about the second week or maybe even the second day we lost a lot of people... about 8 of them to be exact. That meant the prize money was $120!


This pic was taken in December 2008,
shortly before the competition began.


I decided to hire a personal trainer to help me with my weight loss because I have tried to lose weight several times and have not been successful. I have worked with trainers before, but this time I really wanted to find someone who could help me actually attain my goals & be consistent instead of doing a great job for the first few weeks and then going right back to my same old routine of eating poorly & not exercising.

I searched for trainers online & through word of mouth & I found my trainer! Jill is one of the most amazing people that I know! She runs a company called "Strong Life Fitness" & does personal training out of her house. Some of us trainees talk that she is more of a therapist than a physical trainer because losing weight is so emotionally challenging. I never realized how emotional it is, but it is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

On this season & past seasons of The Biggest Loser (One of my fav shows) I always get annoyed and roll my eyes when the contestants are crying in the gym & crying on the treadmill... blah blah blah blah blah..... Well it's funny because the first time I trained with Jill she trained me on the treadmill....and I was in TEARS! It was SO HARD! In fact, here is a little excerpt from my weight loss journal, feel free to laugh. "Treadmill Training. HARDEST thing of my ENTIRE life! I swear that child birth will be easier! (I even said that to Jill while I was running)" The first time I ran my treadmill program it took me 2 HOURS to do a 30 minute program, but with Jill's encouragement and support I finally made it through the whole thing.



And these are the scars I have from falling off the treadmill that very first day, they look much better now than they used to. I guess the treadmill was just going too fast for me, and next thing I know I was on my butt & the treadmill was still going!


With Jill's help & a few firm talks I worked my way to being the Biggest Loser! In 16 weeks I lost 37lbs & 11.8% of my body weight! I got very lucky because I won by only a very small margin, not even 1%.

This is a current picture. I say current instead of "after" because I still have a long way to go! With every ones help & support I hope to meet all of my weight loss goals by my birthday in October!

1 comments:

Becca Jo said...

Well done!! Congrats! You look awesome good for you! :) I want to see pictures of the new do :)

Post a Comment