So if you know me you know that I am constantly saying "Ohhh! that's my favorite!!" or "I love that!" about pretty much anything. It's true, I say it A LOT. I guess I'm just really passionate about things I like. I can, however, put all questions/confusion to rest by telling you all that the Manti Pageant is my #1 absolute very most favorite thing in the whole entire world! If you don't know what the Manti pageant is it's pretty much a play that is acted out on the hill of the Manti LDS Temple.
It's about the restoration of the church, the Prophet Joseph Smith and The history of The Book of Mormon. It's really neat, people dress up like Nephites and Lamanites, and run around acting out war scenes. They use pyrotechnics too! At one point it also depicts the time that the Savior appeared to the people of the America's. You can feel the Spirit so strongly.
I really enjoy the pageant because it's really nostalgic for me and my family used to go a lot. I love going to visit Sanpete County, not only because there is only one traffic light in the whole county, but because my family is from there so I really feel a connection to the area.
Since the Manti Pageant is my favorite thing ever I will tell you some of my favorites about it:1. Going with April & Kylee (It's our tradition). They are willing to appease me and do everything that I want there
2. Getting there extra early so we can sit on the front row
3. Getting there early so we can get the very best parking spot in town (No, I Will Not tell you where it is.)
4. Eating Pizza at my favorite place.... The Pizza Gallery in Ephraim
5. Going to the Craft fair and taking as long as I want to look at things (this is a good part of the reason why boys aren't allowed on our trip)
6. Buying some of the best caramels in the whole world at the craft fair
7. Eating Sanpete Barbecued Turkey!
8. Eating funnel cake (although sadly, I did stick to my diet this year and I didn't have any. My trainer will be pround.)
(Wow, I must gain weight every time I come here!)
9. Beating traffic out of town to sleep at my Grandpa Lamb's house.
10. Getting up early to take My Grandpa Wayne to breakfast at his favorite place... "Satisfied Ewe Cafe." Where he likes to get the "Grand Ram" That's pretty much everything.... with Syrup on top. However, we usually end up going to the Bowling Alley for breakfast because the other place is always way way packed, and only the locals know about the bowling alley. I love taking him out because it is so enjoyable for him and I learn more about him and get to see his personality more. I get to learn that we have a lot of things in common.... like the fact that we are both very social people and we both really like ham and cheese omelets! Yum!!!
Another thing that's awesome about the pageant is that it's around dusk when it starts, but around halfway through it gets pitch black and the stars in Sanpete County are so bright! It's incredible how many stars you can see there!
During the pageant one of the actors who plays Angel Moroni gets to climb on top of the Temple and hold up a big trumpet... that is the part that I have ALWAYS wanted! I love heights and to be able to stand up on a Temple & act like an Angel... how much better could it get?
I really am so grateful that I am blessed to be able to go to the pageant so often & make such wonderful memories there... (I've blocked out any speeding tickets that may or may not have occurred on these trips) and so grateful that April is willing to come and go along with all my silly demands. Love ya babe!
(P.S. Some of the pics of us together aren't the best because pretty much everyone we asked to take pictures of us were inept at taking pictures....)


1 comments:
Speeding tickets. ha! I love it!! ; )
Post a Comment