This weekend I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Celebration "Come to the Mountain of the Lord." I watched it at my parents Stake Center and it was awesome! Thousands of youth from within in the Temple district participated in the event. There was a youth choir, some danced, some acted, but they all had a part to play. My trainers girls' even got to roller skate! The celebration was mainly a portrayal of the history of Utah, and how we got to the point of having 2 Temples in one city! My favorite part of the celebration was when they did a Military Tribute. The choir sang all of the songs from each branch of the military & then they showed pictures of the First Presidency & Quorum of the 12 Apostles who had served in that branch, it showed a pic of them when they were really young & a current picture. They also had members of the audience stand up who had served in the military. I felt the spirit so strongly when they did this & I felt even more appreciation for all of those who have served our country.
I am going to tour the new Temple next weekend and I can't wait!



0 comments:
Post a Comment