Aboard our cruise ship there was a lot of on-board entertainment. Lots of shows and plenty of things to do!
On the first night of the cruise there was a really fun parade! I don't remember what it was supposed to be, but looking back at it, it seems kind of mardi-gras-ish.
(Yes, that is a Ben and Jerry's you see in the background.)
One of the funniest parts of the first parade was actually watching the production guy having his own little dance party up above everyone else. He was shaking his hips like crazy!!
Go Grandma!
--------------------------------------
There was a performance by Mosaic (terrible picture, I know) , which was awesome! They are an acapella group who was on America's Got Talent. I am pretty sure they came in second place during the season they were on.
There were also a few funny comedians, a production show, and also an Ice Show. Yes, there was an ice rink on our ship! Wild, huh? There's nothing like ice skating in the middle of the Caribbean...
We had a hilarious cruise director who was a little bald guy from Australia, he was very energetic and entertaining. He was at pretty much every event, and he also hosted a few shows, one of them being a live version of The Newlywed Game. They picked people right out of the audience, we were laughing hysterically at some of the things he asked, but more at the answers that people gave.
There was also an adult scavenger hunt which involved men wearing high heels, a bra, lipstick and carrying a purse. There were also some false teeth involved at some point. Need I say more?
So there was a 70's dance party on the Royal Promenade. We originally weren't going to go to it because we were all crazy tired, but when we were there it was so much fun!! And why in the heaven's does the amazingly attractive black man with the HOT body have to dance with the old lady?!? Hello!! I'm young and single and I was standing right there! That was totally unfair. I guess, if nothing else, I got some good eye candy.
Here is a picture of the theater where most of the shows happened. Also included is a picture of Arla snoozing away. We were trying to play a little joke on her and leave her in the theater for a minute but some lady woke her up! She wasn't too thrilled with our little joke, and we eventually got used to her sleeping everywhere we went... usually with her mouth hanging open.
By far one of the best employees/entertainers was a guy named Darryl Dyball.We met him the first day we got on the ship! We ran in to him several times during our trip and he would stay and chat with us forever! He was really funny and we all got along with him really well. Too bad he's from Niagara Falls, Canada....



0 comments:
Post a Comment