Believe it or not, Haiti was probably the nicest port that we went to. It was very warm, tropical, well taken care of. The fact that the whole beach is owned by Royal Caribbean does make a difference, but ya know.
Here is a beautiful shot from the top of the zip line tower. Yes, there is a landing pad at the very very end of the peninsula across the way.
The round thing at the top of the ship is indeed a hot tub. It was so awesome. There was one on each side of the ship... they were in the adult area, so no whiny children allowed. :)
The zip line was crazy fun!!! I had a few awesome videos that I took from the top of the zip line, and I recorded the whole way down, but the video is all gone. Sad day. But this pic is a small glimpse of what it was like going down the zip line. P.S. It's the longest zip line in the world over water! Pretty sure I screamed the whole way across.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can we say LOVE at first site?!?!? So we go to the place where we are supposed to go to parasail... and heaven help me, there was one of the most beautiful men!! I thought that there was no way that he would be the one taking us out, but oh did I have great luck that day! I can't even remember his name, but I remember that he was attractive (check out that smile!), tan, had big muscles and one very cute South African Accent!
The boat driver was pretty attractive also, but I wasn't near as spellbound with him. He was playing some pretty awesome tunes as we were sailing around, and he made it a really great time!
We got pretty sunburned in Haiti... we weren't exactly prepared, and I forgot to sunscreen my legs, so the top of my thighs got a little burnt. Now they have a really nice tan which is totally unfair because my calves are still white!
Parasailing is much calmer than I expected. You just sit on the back of the boat and as soon as they start driving you just lift off and go right up in the sky. When you're up there it feels like you are just sitting on a chair in the sky. It's really not a huge adrenaline rush like I imagined it would be. It was still incredibly fun, just different than I expected.
Arla was quite terrified of the parasail and almost didn't go. We talked her in to it, but her face is still priceless!!
The beach in Haiti was breathtaking. It was hot, hot, hot there, but so fun!




0 comments:
Post a Comment